- Under this, the participant will gain a perspective on six sigma background and gain familiarity of its foundations to approach the course. This will be executed by incorporating and covering topics such as: Introduction & overview of six sigma project management, Who are customers, what are the types of customers?, What is Voice Of Customer (VOC), What are Critical To Quality (CTQ ), How do we map CTQs to internal Critical to Business Processes (CBP ) ,Elements of a project charter- Problem statement, Business case, Goal statement, Project scope & Project team
- Under this, the participant will achieve an overall perspective on LEAN techniques, various improvement methodologies to improve the process, prioritizing Root causes and shortlisting solutions. This is done by incorporating and covering concepts such as: Introduction to LEAN, Applying LEAN thinking, LEAN complementing Six Sigma, LEAN fundamentals, understanding Value, Evaluating Value added & Non value added activities using Value stream mapping, 5S ( Set, Sort, Straighten, Strengthen, Stabilize), Muda, Driving Kaizen events
- Under this the participant will gain proficiency in baselining the metric of Improvement, the types of data and Data Collection plan. This will be carried out by incorporating and covering topics such as:
- Process analysis & mapping, Identifying the detailed AS-IS processes, Understanding the tools to create a process map, Dos & Don'ts of process mapping, SIPOC, Understanding data, Types of data & characteristics, Basic statistics - Mean, Median, Mode, Standard deviation & Variation, Data collection techniques, Understanding data sampling and techniques, Defining a unit and evaluating DPU, DPO, DPMO, Computing process sigma for discrete & continuous data type.
- Under this, the participants will be educated and enabled to develop control mechanism and exercise tools like Control Charts, which will be used depending on the type of data and sustenance measures. This is executed by incorporating and covering topics such as: Establishing Control Plans to sustain gains, Introduction to Statistical process Control (SPC) Charts, Identifying special and common causes, etc. ,Selection and application of right control charts, Application of the following types of Control charts: X bar R, X bar S, individual and moving range (ImR/ Xmr),NP,P,C and U, Analysis of Control Charts- Interpret control charts results, common & special causes using rules for determining statistical control. Controlling the changes using poka yoke (mistake proofing), Analyzing new process capability and defining control plan
- Under this, the participant will be made familiar with Data driven approach of analyzing data and execution of various statistical techniques to deduce outcomes. This is carried out by incorporating and covering topics such as: Data analysis techniques, Tools used for data analysis, Pareto Chart, Fishbone, FMEA, Statistical hypothesis to validate the assumption ( Assumption based on P-value), Understanding Type I and Type II error, Analysis of Means using variation (ANOVA), Analyzing the statistical significance of 2 data sets using Correlation, Usage of Regression models to predict & estimate Y's with X inputs,Interpreting Chi-Square to determine statistical significance.
Learn & Get
- Work on real life project so as to enable execution of Data-driven Analysis
- Understand six sigma tools for functions like Fishbone, Pareto, Statistical tools etc.
- Apply MINITAB 14, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint to create fancy plots
- Utilize functions like- MEAN, MEDIAN, MODE etc.